25.8.17

HEADING OUT WITH A TINY HUMAN



The thing about life with a baby is that everything takes so much longer to get done, so you need to calculate accordingly. Due to this, it's not often that I leave the house for more than an hour without Chris simply because it takes too long to prepare and I have limited time in between feeds to pack everything that's needed and get changed out of pyjamas without the help of another person. Theodor can't help me out so much seeing as he's hardly mobile and only just learned how to roll over onto his stomach. Pretty impressive, yeah, but not super helpful.

So, when Chris does have time off work, we often try to go out with the kid at least once a day, because there ain't nothing quite as nice as some fresh air and sunshine when you're a new parent and your fun-time activities are limited to anything that won't freak your baby out.


I wasn't feeling great last week. I was suffering from a bit of motherhood-induced cabin fever and felt constantly restless and unlike myself. Chris, with his brilliant ideas, decided the only thing to do was to go for one long ass walk to an area we very rarely visit and, despite the weather, I had a really, really lovely day. Something as simple as being outside and getting some fresh air seems to help revive me so that I can continue putting in 100% into my new role as the milk-machine, cuddle supplier and human burp-cloth to Theo. 




The one thing that's fucking fantastic about this kid (and I'm sure literally every parent thinks their kid is in some way fantastic), is that he's the chillest little dude to hangout with. As long as he's fed, he's pretty darn happy regardless of where you take him. Since we're heading to Sardinia soon (the first time this kid will travel!), I'm hoping his relaxed temperament will persist.





We walked nearly 10km, ate Italian food and got caught in the rain. It may not sound like much, and certainly I would've agreed with you a year ago, but it was one of the most fun days I've had in a while (perhaps since Theo was born even).



Slowly, very slowly, getting the hang of life as a parent. Learning how to enjoy the simplicity and complexity that comes with sharing your life with a child. I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that I'm a mother & Chris is a father, because the idea of it is so mind-blowing, you wouldn't believe it.

Until next time.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment